A sleepless week and less food intake.. That’s how the first week of April started for me. It was a tiring week that all I would want to do is to sleep, but I can’t because I thought I was going to fail my exams if I chose to sleep. Can relate? Read more!
Last Wednesday, April 03, my body was screaming for rest because I was sleepless and I ate so little. My nausea and tension headache was bad, but I can’t just leave my schoolwork because I have an exam due on the next day, Thursday.
As a Medical Laboratory Science Student, I know that I will fail the exam if I don’t study. I was praying for a class suspension because I was physically weak and restless. I checked my phone and saw the verse of the day, which I know is not coincidental, but rather a message God intended for me to read.
It says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
At first, I was hesitant. Of course, I was thinking “What if I fail my exams tomorrow?” “What if I won’t be able to answer a single question?” “What if I fail my parents? My dreams? My future patients?”
But then, God is on my side. He is for me, so nothing can ever be against me. I stopped worrying and started praying.
God knows my heart, and He knows yours, too.
He knows that His daughter needs rest.
So with great faith, I trusted Him. I stopped everything I was doing, got up on my bed and silently prayed, “God you know my heart and I know You are in control.”
That night, I chose to sleep. And it was a beautiful 13 hours of sleep. I thought if I chose to sleep, I won’t be able to review, but God moved that night. I woke up with an announcement from our professor that the morning classes were canceled. Wow, He gave me time to review. That’s how great He is.
I wrote this entry to remind you not to overstress on things. Yes, it may seem blurry and nerve-wracking, but He is always in control. His plans are always greater.
If you’re working right now and you have so many deadlines, work hard, but please take care of your health.
If you’re a health-allied student or practitioner, please take your health seriously. We can’t treat our patients if we can’t take care of ourselves.
Let’s be mindful of our health. Not just physical health, but please mind that your mental health is just as important as your physical health.

Same experience here!!! God, always do everything that can do us good, He truly never fail us everytime and no one can ever be like Him ����
ReplyDelete