Monday, May 6, 2019

Things I've Tried in April 2019


2 weeks ago, ya girl just turned 19! On my birth month, I challenged myself to try new things. As a person who’s hesitant to try new things, this frightened me at first, but it’s nice to try new things once in a while. This entry is a bit long but if you’re interested to know the things I’ve tried in April 2019, read more!

I like to try new things, but it’s always scary at first since I don’t know if it will work for me. For the month of April, I challenged myself to try new things may it be skin care, lifestyle, and etcetera.
                Let’s first start with skincare! I am guilty of sleeping without washing my face. I’m a very lazy girl and it’s just so burdensome to get up and cleanse your face before sleeping. I know most of you can relate. But for the month of April, I tried to wash my face every night before I sleep, and I must say, it did help my skin to be more clear and supple.
I am not fond of using a lot of products in my face, but I do love putting on face masks! Before, I use face masks for like once a month or two, but for the month of April, I bought 4 face masks while I was out to buy groceries.
                I tried using face masks in a week, with a 1-day interval. Before I used these face masks, I was breaking out from my period, and I must say, it cleared out right after the 2nd face mask.
                I first tried this Mediheal N.M.F Aquaring Ampoule Mask 
NMF Aquaring Ampoule Mask (Photo grabbed from Amazon)
 since I heard good reviews about it. To be honest, this face mask is not as special as I thought it was. Everyone was raving about it so my expectations were really high. I used this face mask while I was working on one of my schoolwork, and yeah, it did give my face a little moisture, but it’s nothing special, for me. It also has that strong scent, which is tolerable.
                The 2nd face mask that I’ve tried is this Baroness Pearl mask sheet.
Baroness Pearl Mask Sheet (Photo grabbed from BeautyMNL)
Among the four face masks that I bought, this is my least favorite. It has a strong fragrance and It’s not as moisturizing as the other face masks. It also leaves a sticky feeling on my face. I’m not sure if it’s because of this face mask or the one from Mediheal, but my breakouts cleared up the next day after I used this face mask.
                The 3rd one that I tried is this Baroness Collagen mask sheet. 
Baroness Collagen Mask Sheet (photo grabbed from BeautyMNL)
This gives a cool feeling on my face and it also leaves it moisturized. This face mask is my fave among the four. I noticed how it made my skin dewy and really moisturized. I also love that this face mask doesn’t give a sticky feeling on my face.
The last face mask that I’ve tried is this Baroness Green Tea mask sheet.
Baroness Green Tea Mask Sheet (photo grabbed from BeautyMNL)
 Just like my favorite mask, this also gives a cooling effect on my face. The fragrance is not as ‘green tea’ as I expected, but it smells good too. It’s a little sticky right after you remove it, but it goes away after a few minutes. For me, it’s an okay product.
The 3 face masks that I bought just costs P30 each! Imagine! P90 for 3 face masks! Totally cheap, unlike the Mediheal ones that cost P150 each. My final verdict about using face masks, it’s very helpful and it helps my skin to feel more moisturized and hydrated. Will I suggest it? Definitely, but be careful and always check the ingredients first!
When it comes to beauty, a friend recommended me a cheap lip tint that’s only P75 for 2.7mL.
 Before trying it out, I had a very low expectation since it’s very cheap and it’s watery, which I don’t usually prefer since most water tints are drying. 
This tint is not easy to blend because it stains easily so you really have to blend it right away or it will leave a really bad mark. What I like about this product is it doesn’t give a dry feeling on my lips and it’s very cheap. My final verdict: you get what you pay for. It’s an okay product. Doesn’t have a strong odor and any harmful ingredients. Will I recommend it? It depends on you. If you’re on a tight budget, you can go for this, but I would recommend using the Ever Bilena tint than this one.
I wasn’t a big fan of using lotions since the Philippines is a tropical country. I hate the sticky feeling of using lotion since it’s the summer season. For the month of April, I applied lotion every day right after bath and I swear, it made my skin really soft. You just really have to choose a good lotion. For body lotions, I recommend using Nivea lotions or my ultimate fave, their In-Shower Body Lotion because it makes your skin firmer and it doesn’t give that sticky feeling. I also recommend using a sunblock that has at least SPF30+ since the sun is very harmful to our skin. When it comes to face, I personally love the Face Republic’s Super screen Sun Gel. It is a gel type sunscreen that gives your face a semi-matte finish.
When it comes to lifestyle, there are a few changes that I did. One of them was to avoid drinking coffee. I love coffee and I thought I can’t survive a month without it. I actually did it. I cut down on my caffeine and it helped my metabolism. I always thought coffee helps my metabolism, yes it does, but it also gives me palpitations. A month without coffee helped me with my anxieties. I am more calmed and stable without coffee. Another change is I tried drinking more water. Like I told you, I have a lazy bum. Getting up in bed just to get water is not my thing, but this month, I tried to drink more water. Maybe that’s why my skin also cleared up while using those face masks is also because I drank more water than usual. Drinking more water also helped me in my food cravings. It made me less hungry, I think? So, I really suggest you drink more water most especially in this summer season! Stay hydrated.
These are the few things I’ve tried for April 2019 and I can’t wait to try more new things ahead! Are you also scared of trying new things? C’mon, it's 2019! Let’s go beyond limits and let’s unravel the world. If you fall, don’t worry! Let’s get up together and continue living.
All the love,
  

























No comments

Post a Comment

© electrocardiogram
Maira Gall