Wednesday, January 23, 2019

STUDY WITH ME! How I Cram for a Test



If there's one thing I'm good at, it would be to cram. If you know me personally, you know how much I love to sleep, even when there are lots of work to do, and most especially when there’s an examination for tomorrow. Read more if you’re interested to know how I cram for a test. And maybe you can use these tips and tricks too!
Studying for an exam isn’t really my thing, in the first place. I have always been lazy to study for a quiz. My former elementary teachers know that I usually rely on stock knowledge, but when you’re a college student, you just couldn’t.
Now that I’ve entered college, I have crammed even more. Because of my schedule, I tend to oversleep. Despite my sleeping habits, I care a lot about my grades too.
Let me tell you the first and the best thing you have to do in order to cram for a test successfully. KNOW YOUR INTELLIGENCE. According to Howard Gardener (1983), there are 9 types of intelligence. Namely: Naturalist, Musical. Logical, Existential, Interpersonal, Bodily-kinesthetic, Linguistic, Intra-personal, and Spatial. Click here if you’re interested to know more about it.
After knowing it, you can develop a good study habit and maximize your resources for your advantage. No matter what your intelligence type is, it is always good to read. If you have an exam tomorrow, don’t waste your time on memorizing everything without reading it first. Try to skim on the pages you have to study and read it once. If you have more time, try reading it 4 times and proceed with your memorization. If you’re done memorizing, try to write it down, if you have more time. Jotting it down will help you retain the information better.
Recently, there’s an app that I’ve been using. Let me share to you Quizlet. I first create a set using a computer since it’s easier to copy and paste questions. I then proceed to use it on my phone the night before the exam. It’s very convenient and paper less! There are also a lot of sets created by other people that you can use. This comes in handy and it comes in different games like the matching type tests, flashcards, and etcetera.
If you don’t like studying using a device or your computer, you can create flashcards. But it’s very time-consuming. If you’re cramming, it’s best to just read, highlight, and really familiarize yourself with the topics. When it comes to memorizing, use Mnemonics. If your intelligence type is musical, go create songs and beats that will help you memorize better.
It’s really important to know your intelligence type. Because when you know it, you can maximize your resources and use it for your own advantage.

After everything, be gentle with yourself and strive harder.

I’ll be sharing with you soon on how I answer my exams to make it easier! Stay tuned for more!

Should you have any questions and suggestions for my next posts, comment below!

All the love,





No comments

Post a Comment

© electrocardiogram
Maira Gall