As someone who grew up surrounded by professional teachers, I cannot agree more every time people say “Teachers are our second parents”. If you want to know why continue to read more!
I have always been in awe of my teachers, not merely because of their knowledge, but because I have witnessed their hard work and patience. I’ve seen how they struggled not just physically, but also emotionally, considering that they have to think not just for themselves, but also for our future.
Teachers are very close to my heart. Four of my aunties are licensed professional teachers, and just earlier this year, my mom, whom I never imagined to teach in a school setting, finally joined her sisters and passed the board after one take! Congrats to you, momma!
Growing up in a setting where all of my titas are teachers, wasn’t as pretty as you imagine it to be. It was full of rainbows and rains, nonetheless, it was a great experience.
I can still recall how hard it was for me to deal with all the pressure around me since everyone expects me to be good. I wasn’t a bad student, but I was never the studious one. Funny as it sounds, but, I barely ask for their help in my academics (well, drawing is an exception since I really can’t draw 😂). You may think that I get lessons from them, but again, I wasn’t the studious one.
Back then, I was so afraid to fail my subjects because I won’t meet people’s expectations. However, I learned to cope with it and just do me. I developed my study habits which focus on auditory learning and even learned the art of multiple-choice exams. I can still remember helping my titas in checking the quizzes and doing their visual aids. It was really fun and exciting.
If I had a chance to rewrite my life, I would still choose to experience the same thing. It has molded me into who I am today.
Who am I now is a reflection of all my mentors combined-my family, my past teachers, and present professors. They had the biggest impact on me. Most especially my primary and secondary teachers whom I love and treasure the most. Teachers are very close to my heart because they’ve treated me as their own. They guided me in achieving greater, motivated me to strive harder, and supported me to soar higher.
Teaching gives you a lot of heartaches and headaches, but as they say, It is the noblest profession in the world, because teaching doesn’t only give you the power to share knowledge, but rather, to shape a generation of leaders and a future of success.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my amazing teachers who gave their hearts out and nurtured me in their loving arms. I will forever be grateful.
To my amazing mentors, teachers, professors, and everyone who served as the backbone of the woman I am today, YOU DESERVE ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD.
HAPPY NATIONAL TEACHERS’ DAY!!
All the love,
Your forever grateful student
Eula ♥
Thankful to have a student like you. 💖😍 Your success is our fulfilment... God Bless nak. 😉🤗
ReplyDelete